So i didn't go with the ball gown, but went with the little black dress. It was dark inside anyways so no one really can see what's wearing who. I really debated hard core on whether to change at work or not. I brought stuff to change into, but then towards the end of the day decided maybe I shouldn't. On top of that, coworker C was sick at home today AND was not going to the party, so I had no one making me get dressed up. Not that I needed someone to make me, but there would've been no back and forth if C had been there. Finally I realized that I was wearing my holy jeans today and my change of clothes probably would look better than holy jeans. Although i do love my holy jeans. Anyway, I'm happy with the decision I made.
These past 2 weeks I've been throwing hissy fits and temper tantrums in my head. Like i try to visualize how i would physically have a temper tantrum if i had the freedom of a kid. With the arms flailing and legs kicking and all. And then the lying with my back on the ground stomping with my legs and pounding with my fists kind. I never did this as a kid of course, but it sure feels good to visualize about doing it as a grown adult. Y'all should try it. I'm sure it would've felt better if I had actually recreated my visualizations in the office. Let it all out for everyone to see. That would be very cathartic i'd imagine.
Instead I end up copping mini-attitudes to coworker B, who doesn't deserve it at all. Although tonight he said he was feeling the same way, and that I haven't been, so I don't feel so bad.
Not sure what's causing my moodiness. Mostly work I assume sprinkled with personal issues and maybe a dash of PMS? Maybe. I hate blaming everything on PMS though. They have feelings too. (Though usually the ugly kind.) But maybe I just need to do some hard workouts and get some stress and annoyance and anger out, because being sedentary for most of the day 5 days a week does nothing for stress relief.
I'm just saying.
6 hours ago
7 comments:
Holy or holey?
i'm going to a christmas cookie open house party thing in burbank on saturday. lots of people i don't know will be there. want to come? we can be each other's wing woman. and i won't make you dress up, though i will probably wear a skirt and boots. :)
Let's hope S is a good wing-woman, because reading between the lines of the post it sounds like, and pardon me for being crude, my diagnosis is that S-H needs to get laid. Might be a better way to release stress & annoyance & anger than punching or hissy fits. More fun too.
Might be a good way to let out some of the aggression...
The feminist part of me wants to tell A to read the lines between my upheld three fingers, in the nicest way possible of course. She also wants to know why it is that when a woman is having a hard time at work, life in general, or even being a "bitch", she needs to get laid. While men run around with attitudes and obnoxious tempers and it's totally accepted. Expected even.
If my helmet wasn't all the way downstairs in the trunk of my car, I'd put it on and roll over with my cute little skates and cute little knee socks and cute little brass knuckles, and have my tantrum on the top of your car. With the skates on of course. And then I'd repeat on the side of your car, the other side, the back, and so on.
But, the SH part of me is just too tired tonight to unleash the feminist part in me, so, you win.
Yeah, and I've met TONS of guys who are getting some and are still giant jack holes. Lack of sex is definitely not the only reason for frustration and general obnoxiousness and to assume that's immediately the problem with a women is either rude or ignorant. It's right up there with assuming a women is upset about something because she has PMS. In fact, I'd say that most women are not nearly as effected mentally by lack of sex as most men are. I mean, women want it, but it's usually all tangled up in wanting intimacy and love rather than just a physical outlet for frustration. We tend to turn to exercise and other physical activities for that - like roller derby. : )
Amen sista. Amen.
Post a Comment