Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Back! Kinda.

I'm back to Seattle from a short stint to Vancouver, BC. However, there is no new stamp on my passport. Bummer. The passport was looking a bit bare when I leafed through it. No travels since 2007? Man, I gotta work on that. We got stopped on the way back in because my cousin declared that we were bringing in some mooncakes. Apparently eggs coming in the country is an issue. It was a minor issue, but annoying.

Vancouver was nice, we saw some sights, but mostly ate a lot and drove around. My BIL took a cool pic of me and a whale, I'll try to post when I get it. Oh, a fake whale, not a real one.

So far this trip has been nice. It's good to just hang out with my aunt and uncle and cousin, we don't see each other nearly enough. The other cousin we haven't seen as much, since he's busy with a new baby and all.

I forget every year, but inevitably, it happens every year at this time: ENGAGEMENTS. I go offline for a few days and come back to find Reese Witherspooninchili engaged, Natalie Portmaniwishiwascutelikeher pregnant AND engaged, my friend Jen engaged....I'm sure I'll find out about more in the coming weeks. Sigh. Post christmas: it's the most depressing time of the year.

I'm back late Wednesday night to my parents and after that, it's all work. I've got some work goals to work on, personal goals to work on for the new year, my sewing corner to set up, sewing book to read and study, Mockingjay to finish (no renews possible!), netflix movies to watch, insurance stuff to look into before the new year, apartment to clean and rearrange, tutorials to learn....I've got lots to do before going back to work! I can't believe these two weeks are almost over.

Every year, I tell myself I'm going to start christmas early. Give it a "good go at it" finally. Get a tree, get some twinkly lights, send out a photo card (I love photo cards, send me one if you ever make them pleeease), get everyone some good presents, make holiday cookies. But every year it comes and goes before I know it! Next year...next year fer sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the whale photo

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Ok, I'm officialy waiting for the whale photo and the Holiday photo card next year.

Love you & love the posts!