Sunday, December 26, 2010

Doctors and Such.

I've discussed this with several people already, so I'm sure some of you are wanting to know, that some doctors out there are BASTARDS.

Ok, that may be a bit harsh. But I really can't imagine making a living off of billing outrageous charges to your clients on things you didn't really do in the hopes that they don't question it and just pay for it.

As I had previously posted, I had this outrageous bill from a doctor I went to. I finally called them to ask about it. First of all, it took me two calls on two different days for someone to even call me back. And when she did, I said I had a question about the bill. She then explained the list on the bill to me without letting me ask my question first. Um...I have the bill in front of me, I don't need you to read it back to me.

And then she said that since the doctor remembers me and that I was referred by a friend, they'll take 50% off the bill. Gee thanks. I said that I never got those things on the bill done (like the xray), all I got was just a check up. She told me she'd have to talk to the doctor and can she call me back on Friday. I said I won't be around Friday. She said, ok so then Monday. And I said, can't you talk to him now? She hesitated then said ok, and then put me on hold to talk to the doctor. When she came back she said that the doctor DID get the xray done but he did it as a preventative measure on his end, "just to be safe." And then said, "so don't worry about it."

All these charges on the bill, and all of a sudden, "don't worry about it?" Uh...first of all, you did MAKE me worry about it. I couldn't sleep that first night I got the bill because that's all I was thinking about. Second of all there were all these questions about the bill I didn't get to ask. Such as, why there were two claims from them, one that was just the checkup bill, which was considered IN network, and the other outrageous bill that was under another name that was mysteriously OUT of network. Also she explained that the doctor did the xray, but I never got the chance to ask her why I was billed twice for the checkup on the two separate claims, at two different rates. And why all the lab tests I never took was on the bill. And why if they already billed me twice for the checkup, did they bill me for another "WELL CARE" which I think has to do with a baby checkup. And why they were billing me from two separate businesses in the first place. All these questions I never got to ask because she said, "don't worry about it." I had to ask her exactly just to be sure. "So I don't have to pay for any part of this bill?" She said yes. I think she realized I was on to them and had all these questions and didn't want to deal with me anymore. And I'm fine with that.

But that was just for one doctor. Another bill came through just today from the second doctor. I still have to look into it a bit more when I get back to my computer at home, but it doesn't seem as ridiculous as this first one. I still have to pay for some parts of the bill for this second doctor though, which is still annoying. But at least it didn't freak me out as much as the first.

So that's my annoying doctor story.

On a more upbeat note, my cousin has a Kinect at his house and I've been beating the whole family at Dance Central. On medium. Without the walk through. Thank you very much. Finally a game I can beat everyone else at and am semi-good at. The last time I was good at a video game was....probably Paperboy. I can't even pass level 4 on angry birds! I suck at games because honestly, I don't care much for them. Dance Central though...that's a different story. :)

2 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Funny you mention Angry Birds. I had never seen that game before last night. Aaron downloaded it on his Droid X. Its SO addicting. We couldn't get past this one level and we were both working on it for nearly an hour, I think.

Thanks for the Dr. update. I was curious. So sorry you had to deal with all of that. It sucks.

SW said...

Angry birds really do just make me angry. It's not addicting, it just makes me really angry. And I'm still stuck on level 4....sigh.