Saturday, December 18, 2010

Emergence

Sorry for my absence, dear readers. It's been a crazy busy week. There's been long hours at work, holiday parties, goodbye parties, and other stuff. There were some high highs this week and then some very low lows. I'm kinda ready for it to just even out a bit.

I've been having anxiety over insurance and doctors lately. It felt like every other day this week, something new developed. Even today I got a new bill. I really need to just sit down and take care of it but I'm giving myself the weekend to just do nothing about it, because really, I'm not sure what I should do about it. If anyone has extensive experience dealing with doctors bills and insurance please let me know! I need some help.

Also, in trying to help out a dear friend, I've in turn screwed things up even more. Trying to be helpful doesn't always work out I guess. It wasn't even "helping" more than it was me trying to do something nice in turn for having something nice done for me and being so appreciative of it that I remember thinking how lucky I was. And then I go screw it up. Sigh.

And then there were several moments of disappointment with people. You think someone's a friend and then you have an exchange where you are so disappointed with their actions that you wonder whether you still have things in common anymore. This actually happened a few times this week.

But amidst all that I did have some fun. I had a spur of the moment karaoke session that lasted 4 hours with some coworkers. I spent a lot of time with coworkers this week actually, with holiday parties and going away parties and just...parties. I got a $25 gift card from boss man that i'm excited to use. I was in a bad mood yesterday so went shopping after work and got 2 new dresses on sale! I've been eating some good food (too much of it though). I had a great catchup conversation with Von this morning.

So, it wasn't all bad, but it wasn't all great either. I just know that I'm tired. It was nice to sleep in today, but I'm very very tired.

1 comment:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I hope you plan to elaborate on a couple of these paragraphs when I see you tomorrow.