Sunday, December 26, 2010

Presenting....Presents.

Some of you may or may not know...we don't do presents in the family. This isn't meant to be a pity party, it's just not something we do. We did a little bit when we were younger, but somewhere along the way we've stopped. Attempts at getting presents for the parents in subsequent years have always ended in disappointment, as they never seem to like what we get them. Sure, I really like getting presents, especially if it's something I really love or wanted. But maybe the fact that we don't do presents is why I love giving presents just as much. I really do try hard to give good presents. But along the same line, if I can't find something good for someone, I'll forgo it. I'd rather give someone something awesome rather than feeling like it's an obligation and giving them something they don't really want or need. But I'm sure everyone feels that way already.

I always dread going back to work/school after the holidays. Time when everyone shares everything that happened over the break. Including presents. Time when people list off all the cool things they got, and then ask me to share my list of treasures. And inevitably I'll have to say nothing. This answer always evokes some sort of pity sad face from the asker. And then I have to explain, we don't really do Christmas. I can't even say I'm jewish, because even the jews do gifts during Hanukkah! And also...I'm asian. I guess I could be an asian jew, I just haven't met any.

I sometimes do have exchanges between friends and this year I did get a really cool sewing book from bff S. It came with patterns for cute clothes I'd actually wear. I just hope I can execute. That'll be a good goal for next year.

But I'm way curious, what did y'all get for Christmas this year? I want to hear all about the good and the bad. Including any food. The more descriptive the better. That'll be your gift to me. Thanks!

2 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

You already read about my food for the day. As for the presents, I got a beautiful gold/diamond necklace. It has a really cool design. I can't remember if I posted it on FB. I don't think I did, but it sure is perty.

I also got a cold from Abby.

Oh, and I got the movie Date Night. I LOVE that movie. It seriously cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

Abby gave me a cold too!