Thursday, December 02, 2010

Good Night Moon.

I either have a new reader, or spam is getting super smart. I used to never get spam on my blog, and then lately, they just keep coming. It's also really weird spam too. I wish blogger would do something about it. A few months ago I opened up a new email account for all my spam and email lists. One day, I got an odd email on this account. At first I thought it was one of those super smart spam emails. It was a baby announcement, letting me know a new little one just came in the world. As I read and wondered what the spam email wanted from me (deposit money into some foreign account, help some old lady with her accounts, etc), I started to realize maybe it was a real email. And by the time I got down to the bottom, where I saw several pictures of mom and baby and daddy still in the hospital, I finally realized it was NOT spam, and that the email got sent to the wrong address. Yikes! Good thing I'm not a creeper. If I found out I sent my hospital baby pictures to a stranger, I'd be a little weirded out. Wouldn't you? Which is why I really try to double check who I send emails to. Because emails cannot be unsent. The great "reply all debacle of '08" got two of my friends FIRED.

The best thing about Christmas time? Can you guess, can you guess what it is? Nope it's not the tree. Not the presents. Not the yule-tide cheer. It's the PEPPERMINT! Mint chocolate this, peppermint candy that. This is the time when peppermint comes out to play. (I type this as I have a cup of minty hot cocoa.) I love this time of year...so minty.

The worst thing about Christmas time? Engagement and car commercials. First of all, not EVERYONE gets engaged during the holidays, so stop pressuring us to! Holidays are hard enough for those who aren't ready to commit, or for those who aren't even close. For those of you who are? Put a ring on it, and then SHUT UP. Uh oh oh, oh oh oh, uh oh oh, whoa whoa whoa.

Second of all, very few people can get their significant other a new lexus or luxury car, let alone get one without discussing it with their significant other FIRST in order to keep the car a secret and wrapped up in the driveway, and on top of all that, extra large car bows are probably really hard to find. (I for one have never seen one at Target, and Target has EVERYTHING. I'm. Just. Saying. Maybe it comes with the car, from the dealership, yknow, when you want to surprise your significant other with a new luxury car without talking about it first, you'll want something to distract them from asking you stupid questions like, "can we afford this?")

In case you were wondering, I put together a most excellent outfit today. It got many compliments throughout the day. I love when two pieces I got on sale for cheap are able to layer together to make a one of a kind ensemble. Good job outfit. Looks like you'll be coming back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, someone sounds a little jealous of all the rich lovebirds out there...

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

A - Hate to admit that a comment at my SH's expense made me laugh, but it did.

SH - I'm pretty sure my Sienna will count as my Christmas gift. I wonder why Aaron didn't put a bow on it for me?

SW said...

Now S, let's not go and encourage such behavior.

Anonymous said...

No encouragement needed.