Alright, i just don't know anymore. The blog machine keeps saying i'm on my 299th post, meaning my next post should be the 300th, but i've done it twice already, and i'm still on 299. I feel a little like Bernie Mac. Will I ever reach 300? Mrs. 300?
Heard two really cool stories on NPR yesterday.
#1. Extreme Ironing. It's a sport! It's like extreme snowboarding or extreme downhill skiing, but instead you're ironing. To be exact, its "the latest danger sport that combines the thrills of an extreme outdoor activity with the satisfaction of a well pressed shirt." Those crazy brits are bloody GENIUS! You climb up Mt. Everest and rather than just stand around to enjoy the view, you iron a shirt. Its going a step beyond extreme sports. I thought simple at-home ironing was tough enough, but this sport pushes you to the edge of ironing. And you get to take home a souvenir with you when you go home - a crisp, unwrinkled, newly ironed shirt.
It doesn't get any better than that.
Anyone want to try Extreme Blogging with me?
#2. People are building movie theatres underneath the city of Paris. The police found the theatre, came back three days later, and it was completely gone. Read more here. It's cool to think what could be under the streets of Paris (other than bones and skulls in the catacombes, that is). I'll definitely have to make that a destination spot when i go.
And yes, i know my robot pictures didn't show up. I'm working on it.
21 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment