Hey hey hey! Welcome to my 300th post.
People who first meet me always like to comment on how quiet I am. Why is that? What is this need to be talkative? People who know me will know i'm not that quiet. In fact, sometimes i don't even shutup when i should. But yes, there are times when i am quiet. But why is that considered as such a bad thing? I'll talk when i have something important or significant to say. I don't want to just talk out of my butt just for the sake of talking, do i? Why waste words when i can get just as much out of listening to everyone else around me? Does anyone else agree with me? Or do i need to start seeing the other side of things and really need to talk more just for the sake of talking? Its not that i have a problem with me being quiet. Its just that everyone else does, and i have a problem with that.
La Dee Da.
It's weird. I've had my current job for a while, but sometimes when i pass by a coffee shop with a help wanted sign, I still get the urge to "inquire within." I don't of course, but i just think about it. Once in a while i'll think about Muir Woods, and how great it was to work there. I was surrounded by this legal substance that when made right made me very happy. (And i make some damn good coffee.) I worked by myself with no bosses breathing down my throat (even though my boss is hardly the type). There were always friendly people coming in, and interesting people to chat with. I got to read when it was slow. I got to listen to mixes of music i enjoyed, and force it on the coffee drinking people during my shift whether they liked it or not, though they usually told me they love my mixes. All in all, it was a wonderful place to work.
So, to end my pretty uneventful 300th post, here are top 5 songs for a lazy sunday afternoon, in no particular order:
1. Love and Happiness- Al Green
2. Painter Song- Norah Jones
3. These Days - Nico
4. Sunday Sun- Beck
5. a?guas de marc?o- Elis Regina
21 hours ago
1 comment:
The Sake of Talking
I happen to know a little about this, so let me address your concerns. People don't have a problem with you being quiet, they just enjoy listening to your wacky accent.
And as far as talking out of your butt......
Post a Comment