Thursday, September 30, 2004

Orchestra is cool because its the only place you can say "ritard" without offending anyone.


Thats about the only thing going for orchestra right now. I'm this close to calling it quits. The conductor dood still hates me. I still suck. It's like my fingers are broken or something. And then i find out that everyone's not in it for the love of music. Of course, everyone says they are, and they may even mean it, but there is dirty money involved. Ok ok, so its not actually dirty. It's probably a nice chunk of change. But who knew people get paid in orchestra! Now that i have this knowledge, i feel like the whole thing's been tainted. We have a concert next week. I'm thinking of not showing up. I just don't feel like a part of this group. But if i don't show up, i may be proving to the conductor guy that i'm a flake. In which case, i do want to show up, just to prove him wrong (yes, i'd still love to confute him...is that the right word? i do love to confute...). But if i'm not wanted? It's not like i'm playing so well that i'm adding to the group's overall quality. In fact, i may be bringing it down. Who knows. I guess it'll be a last minute decision.

Thanks for the new comments. It's nice to know i have readers. Mendacious are you who i think you are? And yes, the valley has traffic. But because of its wider streets, the ratio of cars to road space is not as intimidating or annoying as the city. And finally, Bruckner is Bruckner. He's quite an interesting fellow, and though he is a heartless quarter taker, in all seriousness, i find it a shame that not everyone is as lucky as i to know this incredibly cool individual. Maybe one day you'll see me reading one of his books as you pass me by on the corner cafe: Bruckner for One- The Education of Being Bruckner.

Tonight, i ended up doing some much needed catching up with an old friend and thus, I missed most of the presidential debates. I did hear some of it on the radio on the way home. Sometimes i empathize with Bush, because i feel like both of our public speaking skills are not up to par. But then again, I'm not the leader of a country. (Although one day i'd like to be the leader of my own island, in which case, i guess i better start practicing my public speaking now.) So speaking isn't his thing, but i wonder how he would do at blogging?

I'd like to end tonight by reminding you of an old saying in Tennessee, i know its in Texas...probably in Tennessee: " Blog me once, good for you. Blog me twice...great for me.

2 comments:

bruckner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mendacious said...

yes, i am who you think i am. and were bruckners comments totally uninspired...did sylvester stallone leave him for good, bcs even he thinks, hey, this guy just needs to get some sleep. or write a BLOG of his own?

i'd like to know more about this orchestra- like some characters- someone to visualize with you as you do whatever with your referbished violin... what does this conductor look like anyway? and what's this about getting paid! How can you get hooked up to the money train.

okay... back to eating sunflowerseeds and birdwatching, naturally.