Today i went to get my violin fixed and found out its going to cost me $140. Yes, that includes new strings, but i wasn't prepared for everything else to be so much. And who knows whether i'll keep playing or not? But i think in the end, my violin deserves a good tune up, even if i only end up playing it a couple times, so i went ahead with it. In the very least, the sound coming out of it will be better.
I was chatting with nick, the guy fixing my violin, and he confirmed that the other community orchestras in the area consist of mostly seniors too! (He's checked out the scene.) We both found it odd. Where are the post college graduates and the pre mid life crisis people our age that want to play? Where could they be hiding? Not in the valley, that's fer sure.
I must go to bed now so that i can wake at the butt crack of dawn to get to the airport along with thousands of other people only to wait and wait and wait and then board the plane and land in sj from where we will drive to napa to hopefully taste some yummy wine.
Mmmm...wine=grapes. I love grapes. I wonder if the winery people ever just go out into their grape fields and sit down with handfuls of grapes to stuff in their moufs. Hmm...probably not. But i bet it would be fun to. I would. Especially if someone fed them to me. And i was sitting on a great big throne. With people fanning me.
Boy, i love grapes.
21 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment