I can't believe it.
Ozma has broken up. How did this happen? Tonight, i play the Doubble Donkey Disc in tribute. Will i ever get to see them live again? Perhaps in a reunion tour in 5 years?
And thanks bruckner, for your disparaging comments on my last post. I guess you were the type of bully to shove a little kid to the ground. And then kick them a few times while they're crying. And bleeding.
Anyway, now its time to get down to business: the business of getting down...
Things have been crazy busy lately. Work, life, elsewhere. But between all that, i
1. got to see a cool Pixies concert at the Greek on thursday, compliments of desk buddy mitch.
2. was asked if i was in highschool by another highschooler.
3. watched a Grand Prix of horse jumping. Y'know, if you stare at a horse's head too long, they don't look like horses so much anymore.
Ok, i guess thats it. But with everything else going on, it seemed like alot.
Some of you may or may not know, but i am moving soon. Cruising around today trying to get to Fairfax HS, i realized that i DO NOT want to live in the city. I was stuck in this horrid traffic near Third and La Brea that made me clausterphobic. Perhaps i am a valley girl after all...? Like, cool. (And to be fair to those readers who do not live in Los Angeles, people in the valley don't really talk that way. Like, its just me, k?)
In loving memory of:
OZMA (1995-2004)
2 comments:
Hi SH!
Sharon told me about your blog last week. :)
I've been increasingly exasperated by the traffic here in L.A. It really makes me want to move...but then I'm reminded that I love living near the ocean (would be better if I could afford to live even closer...) and probably won't move out of this area. You have me intrigued...there's a place around here that doesn't have traffic?! I thought the valley was just as bad as all the rest?
hey what's up. may i say in regards to ozma- i told toni-lynne that and she's like, yah i know, i went to their last concert- and i'm like, oh my god, like why did you not invite me- to which she responded - nothing. i guess shes too busy in law school. what-ever. she can just bite it. Ozma- rock and roll 4-ever.
don't tell anyone about bruckner- you know he's just the 'little blue devil' at your back. don't let anyone tell you he's real.
also also-- what were you doing on 3rd/la brea- clearly you should have stuck to 6th or fountain-- and if you had to go uptown taken la jolla to santamonica to fountain to fairfax... ; ) good luck in your new la-afied life. i say that with resentment as i'm praying for valley succession- so we can finally be our own city. bastards always vote us down.
Post a Comment