Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I'm still at 299. Does life not go on after 299?

The original star wars trilogy came out on DVD today. To tell you the truth, i've never really gotten into star wars. I know its a cultural phenomenon, and i'm committing some sort of crime by not knowing which episode is what (i was tested today by the VP at work...boy, i failed.) But! I can tell a wookie from an ewok, so there. Speaking of chewie wookies, i believe Chewie is making an appearance on jimmy kimmel tonight, for those of you who read this blog in time. I kinda want to get the trilogy to watch all the extra features though. Maybe that'll get me into the movies.

Speaking of which, i saw Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow this weekend, and there was a scene that seemed very similar to a scene from star wars. I'd like to hear what people have to say about that, if you've seen the movie. Sky Capt was actually very good. It doesn't take much to for me to like a movie. I mean, i like chick flicks for goodness sakes. I mean, i LOVE them. Not to say chick flicks are below the standards of a good movie. I just mean, i don't criticize character developments or writing or actors the way some people do. I like to take them for what they are: pieces of entertainment that can sometimes take your breath away, or sometimes not. Anyways, this could go on forever. What i'm trying to say is, Sky Capt is good, go see it. I've still yet to see Garden State. Le sigh...

Today i realized i've been with my blog for over three years now. (Don't tell my blog, but i think we're getting serious.) We don't see each other all the time, just when i feel like it, which i think is a nice balance in this sort of relationship. But i'm starting to get a little too attached. Sometimes i blog in my head when i don't have a computer around. (Especially in traffic.) And i tell myself to remember my headblogging but i usually never do. I always come back to this blog. So even when i try to cheat on my blog i can't actually go through with it. I think this is that time in the relationship when that darn four letter word enters the relationship...

i BLOG you.

To celebrate this moment, here are my Top 5 Magical Moment Songs in the order they should be played:
1. Teardrop- Massive Attack
2. Where is my mind?- Nada Surf version
3. Let Go- Frou Frou
4. Do you realize?- Flaming Lips.
5. Light and Day- The Polyphonic Spree

*This list is not to be taken lightly. It is not a love song list, I said they're Magical Moment songs, dammit! Please use at your own discretion.*

1 comment:

bruckner said...

On your 300th...
I get the feeling you're going to keep mentioning this until someone congratulates you for it. Wow, 300 posts. You're like the Little Engine that Could....

Magical Moments
Excuse me for laughing so loud (especially this early in the morning), but a list of "magical moment songs" could be the most girlie thing I have ever read. Maybe you should have typed that post (#300, is it?) in a pink font. Not that I have a problem with she-stuff, it just often makes me question my manhood.

As a legendary, aging, virlie, card sharp approaching retirement, let me give you a word of advice: Don't go all-in against a guy named velasquez. Plain and simple.

You need to realize the Los Angeles underground poker scene is a place where girls like you are swallowed up and never heard from again (Didn't you see Oprah?). Even if my words fall upon deaf ears, surely her's will not: "You've got to know when to fold 'em, girlfriend!"