I don't really have a song that makes me cry...
Ok, just kidding, that one was for S.
I would say THIS song.
I just watched the above video for the first time, and I don't quite get it, but still a great song anyway. I was obsessed with Katie Melua a while back and took her albums with me on my trip to India. And now whenever I hear these songs I'm reminded of India, and all the different airports I was in. I kinda like that. Anyway this song makes me especially sad.
I was lucky enough to see a free show of hers at Amoeba a few years ago, and she is GORGEOUS in person. Stunning. That along with her beautiful voice, you can't help but like her. I really don't know why she hasn't caught on here in the states. I mean, she's young, she's cute, she's got a great voice. Although, her music doesn't really sound like traditional pop. Maybe that's why. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.
If you like the above song, you should also check out THIS one. The video is a bit cheesy, but the song is really good. This is one of my favorites of hers. Some of the lyrics in this song is so relatable. Hills, if you're reading, this is for you.
5 hours ago
4 comments:
Dang, I just went to her website and saw that she has a whole 2011 tour lined up, and the US is no where on that list. What a shame.
OMG, how much do I love THIS video. It's a beautiful video and who wouldn't want to ride on a piano machine being rocked by 5 naked men. Le sigh...
You so got me with your opening line. I was like, "say wha?! Again with not answering the topic."
Love the song, the voice and the beauty. Looking forward to checking out the other two links you posted of her, but alas, my kids need breakfast.
Ok, so the two slower songs sound too much alike. Maybe thats why she hasn't made it big here. Not enough variation. Who am I kidding? Most everything on the radio just sounds like a computer spit out the song. What's it called? Auto Tune?
The last video was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
OH, as for the first song, I didn't get the video either. I did like that one the best though.
Post a Comment