Thursday, November 11, 2010

Break

Well, I can't do today's assignment until I get home. A pic of myself from two years ago will be difficult to find.

So last night I got home at a reasonable hour and decided to work on some crafts. Y'know, put my hands to work, other than typing keys all day. First I tore apart the lining of a new dress I bought for cheap, because there was a little too much frill for my liking. Turned out it was a bit more difficult than I had anticipated. But I got through it, and now my dress is a bit torn apart. Next up, I started on some tissue holders I had been planning to make for months now. I got everything prepped, the next step is getting out the sewing machine to sew two simple sides. Still, there is this fear. What if I don't remember how to use it?

Tess invited some of us over for a craft day on Saturday. I'm not quite sure what to make yet. May just end up doing some drawing. But I'm glad I'm starting some of these projects. It's been a while. My creative juices are itching to get out. I think my lack of doing anything creative lately is making me addicted to looking for pretty things.

Gotta jet.

1 comment:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel about pulling out the sewing machine. Kaylinn was here to teach me how to use it the first time. Since she left, I hadn't used it. I pulled it out last month to fix one of Abby's pillows and I had to re-teach myself how to use it. If it weren't for Abby continually reminding me to fix her pillow, I probably would have never pulled that bad boy out. Good luck! You have so many creative juices in there, set them free!