Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Funday

Wow, lots went on today at work, and I don't mean work!

A friend of mine got married today, and we all found out on FB. Go fig. I saw this morning that Fern and Ric were in SB, but thought they were just taking a long weekend with their gals. And then this afternoon, a post went up that said Ric was married! It's amazing how fast news travels on FB. I'm so happy for them. They've been dating for more than 10 years, been engaged for a while, and everyone's always hounding them to getting married. They never really talk about a wedding, and no one had any idea that they were going to the courthouse in SB today. But they did it their way, which I'm so proud of them for. And I totally get it, no fuss no muss, nothing to stress about, just the two of them. But at the same time, and I think most of our friends feel this way...at the same time we all really wish we could've been there with them. Kind of bittersweet. But maybe we'll have a party for them and can still celebrate. Who knows.

Also my dear friend fil is having a dating dilemma. Ugh, it's too complicated to get into now, but man, it sounds like it was right out of a soap opera. I love my friend fil, he is so hilarious. Part of it is because he's italian and sometimes still trying to get all the American lingo down. But I honestly think he's just a hilarious guy. Sure he has pronunciation issues and struggles for the right words sometimes, but I'm always so amazed at how well he speaks english. He makes these speeches about love and life with such passion and force, it's really inspiring. For a lot of people, being in another country where you don't speak the language fluently, you can easily kind of lose a sense of self. Which is why i'm so awed by him, because not only is his english great, but being genuinely funny in another language is a hard thing to do. At least it would be for me.

And lastly, I have this:


I think this was my biggest contribution to work this week. Sigh. I need a new job.

4 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

You always wanted to be famous. Now look at you on TV! You're on your way!!!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

PS - I also like that you are sporting a jacket which you just spoke of in your other post as never leaving the house without. When I read that I thought back to every time I'm with you and how you always have a sweater/jacket handy.

SW said...

Yes, I'm totally on my way...one "no viewers" show at a time. Taking on the world I tell ya.

Anonymous said...

There you were, behind the little mask! It totally took me by surprise!