It seems as though unfortunate things like to creep their way into my life towards the end of the year.
Last night I got into my first car accident. I'm ok. They're ok. The car still drives. But for me it was a huge deal. The crash was loud and hard.
It was her fault. I was going through an intersection on a GREEN light, minding my own business, and the girl on the other side decided to make a left turn or u turn right into me. I'm sure they were shaken up too, but to me they seemed perfectly ok. As for me, I could barely think straight. My hands were shaky writing down their info. They kept talking and talking, I just wanted them to be quiet and let me think. Also they kept saying, "These things happen" over and over again, pissing me off. These things DON'T happen when you're being careful! These things never happen to me, until you showed up. Ugh. So mad.
I'm a bit calmer today and less hateful. I keep thinking, thank goodness it was only the front of my car they crashed into. If it had been a few more inches another way, they would've hit me. So, I'm very lucky. I know that. But my neck and back aches. And now I have to deal with insurance and paperwork and things aren't going to get done because its Thanksgiving week.
I remember thinking while I was driving: I gotta get home and post day 14. So much for that.
I really hope my back doesn't turn into an issue. I just went to dinner with some friends tonight and one of them got in 2 accidents and had to sue and her back has never been the same. Sigh. I don't want that.
On another note, found out another friend just got engaged. And it's been nearly a month and I'm only finding out. Whatever happened to FB announcements?? I'm truly so so happy for him. I had the biggest crush on him in college, when we met. We never got together, but through a series of events, we actually became really good friends. He's one of the few people I still keep in touch with from college actually. They're already looking at venues and she already found her dress. They move fast!
Going to bed early so I can sleep off some of this discomfort. It's not exactly pain, but it's not smooth sailing either. Sometimes I wonder if I'm being a wimp or if my concerns are genuine. Guess we'll see in the days to come.
1 day ago
2 comments:
Is "C" this someone you speak of that got engaged?
Sorry to hear you're still sore. It may get better with some rest and Ibuprofen (which cuts down on inflamation).
Aw, son...
Post a Comment