I can't think of a song to match my mood right now. So I'll just write about it.
My mood is sleepy frustration. Sleepy, even though it's only 11:30, and frustrated, because tonight I was beaten by my sewing machine. Sigh. I faced my fear and finally took it out. Re-thread, read the manual, tested, and still could not do what I wanted to do. I'm trying to finish up these tissue holders, but it's proving more difficult than I thought. However, I finally faced my fear, and did not die, so I know I can do it again. I'm determined to not let the sewing machine win and be the boss of me, so I'll get back to it eventually. Tonight I'm just sleepy.
I'm also doing laundry tonight, and during my first load, I somehow unconsciously locked the door behind me, so was locked out of my apt. I went to the front house to borrow the phone and the landlord's number. I called the landlord, and luckily he was able to come over. So the neighbors offered to let me wait in their house. It was a bit awkward. There was a sleeping 6 week old who is sensitive to everything, so it was dark in the house. The grandfather sat with me but we couldn't really chat because he couldn't understand everything I was saying. Eventually he left, and the mom sat with me, even though she had a sick crying 3 year old in the other room (who was being looked after by the dad). Sweet family, very kind, but the inability to freely communicate always makes things awkward. The landlord finally showed up and let me back in to my place, and now everything is back to normal.
Today I went to Tess's to have craft day. She made treats, we ate, and made crafts. Apparently, the big thing right now is felting. She bought these kits and felted the cutest little animal ornaments for her boys. I made a string lantern that is currently trying to dry in the kitchen. I hope it turns out ok. Will post pic when done. It was so nice to spend time with girlfriends whose company I enjoy.
Ok, done.
11 hours ago
3 comments:
I was trying to think of a song to match your described mood, but I have Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the background distracting me. Sorry.
So I handed off to my mother a knitting conundrum to fix yesterday. I knew what I was doing was a bad idea, but I went ahead and did it anyway, and now I've asked her to fix it. She just called to ask a question about it, and I think her quote was "I just took two sedatives and now I'm going to slit my wrists."
I'd probably be feeling beaten my what I was working on too, but I just passed it off on momma...
I've got a big exam tomorrow. Time to try to make sure that doesn't kick my butt too.
I really like your site. Excellent content. Please continue posting such profound cotent.
Post a Comment